Clay County 4-H Beekeeping project requirements can be found below under related files.
This project will help you learn about bees and beekeeping. You will learn about the types of bees, the honey and wax they produce, the plants that attract bees, and the equipment a beekeeper needs. If you want to set up your own hive, you'll learn basic beehive care, how to extract and bottle honey. Advanced topics include: increasing the number of your honey bee colonies, increasing honey production, producing special kinds of honey, and learning more about bee societies.
- Beekeeping I: Understanding the Honey bee - Free for Clay Co. 4-H members at the Extension Office
- Beekeeping II: Working with Honey bees - Free for Clay Co. 4-H members at the Extension Office
- Beekeeping: Advanced Beekeeping Methods - Free for Clay Co. 4-H members at the Extension Office
- Beekeeping Record Sheet: Division I
- Beekeeping Record Sheet: Division II
- Beekeeping Record Sheet: Advanced
- Entomology Independent Study Record Sheet (Advanced)
- Entomology Independent Study Record Sheet (Mentoring)