2018 was an exciting year for Purdue Extension-Boone County. Our Staff worked very hard to bring a variety of programs and services to the residents of Boone County. We are looking forward to another great year in 2019!
Attached is the 2018 Purdue Extension - Boone County Annual Report.
A few highlights include:
- Over 1200 Youth enrolled in the Boone County 4-H Program
- Additional youth programming involving robotics, Makerspace, mentorship, Teens as Teachers, Spark clubs and much more
- 4-H Camp Counselor Training programs and 4-H Junior Leaders
- INWork educational program to help high school seniors prepare to enter the workforce
- $11,800 given out to local youth in scholarships
- An excellent 2018 Boone County 4-H Fair
- Captain Cash and Where Does Your Money Go? programs to help family financial management
- Co-Parenting for Successful Kids, Mom Helping Moms and Survival Kit for the Caregiver programs to help those with family caregiving responsibilities
- Eat Right, Be Heart Smart and Matter of Balance programs to address health and safety of at-risk individuals
- The Boone County Food Pantry Coalition and a Food Drive which collected 1,674 pounds of food for Boone County food pantries
- Boone County Cover Crops Project demonstrating the use of environmentally-friendly farming practices through hands-on workshops, field days and one-on-one consultations
- Conducting Pesticide Applicator Trainings, an Agriculture Outlook Program and other field days and programs for farmers
- Boone County Master Gardeners continuing their outstanding record of service by donating over 2,000 volunteer education hours
- A Rainscaping Education Program, Master Gardener Intern Training, Using Cover Crops in Home Gardens and other horticulture programs for the public
- Beginners Guide to Grant Writing and Mental Health First Aid programs
- Boone County Community Gardens Initiative developed, planned, and managed multiple community gardens in Boone County. These provide a venue for educational programs and produced over 3,000 lbs of fresh produce for local food pantries
- The Nutrition Education Program (NEP) provides educational programs on nutrition and physical activity to youth and adults in Boone County.
See the 2018 Purdue Extension - Boone County Annual Report for information on these and other programs.