TRACTOR OR LAWN & GARDEN
A 4-H Tractor Club is available for members wanting to learn more about tractor, lawn mowers and machinery care. 4-H’ers study and complete project lesson books and receive practical training in machinery maintenance.
Lawn & Garden: A study guide is available from your Tractor Club Leader or from the Extension Office. There are activities also available on line to assist you with preparing for the exam.
Go to this link www.four-h-purdue.edu/tractor then on left side of screen look for Parts ID and Quiz Questions another site to go to is www.gearingup.info.
- Starting up Grades 3-4
- Tractor Operation Grades 5-6
- Moving Out Grades 7-9
- Learning More Grades 10-12
Complete the test given at the county contest.
- Option 1- Exhibit an educational display or a poster on some aspect of Lawn & Garden Tractor or Agricultural Tractor.
- Option 2- Complete in the County 4-H Tractor Operator’s Contest.
- Compact Tractor (Lawn & Garden) Junior Division Grade 3-7, Senior Division Grade 8-12.
- Zero Turn (Lawn & Garden) Junior Grades 3-7, Senior Grades 8-12
- Tractor Junior Division Grade 3-7, Senior Division Grades 8-12.
Click below for the State 4-H Requirements:
Lawn & Garden Tractor: http://www.four-h.purdue.edu/projects/project_info.cfm?proj_key=29&project=Lawn%20and%20Garden
Agricultural Tractor: http://www.four-h.purdue.edu/projects/project_info.cfm?proj_key=3&project=Agricultural%20Tractor
Area & State Fair
County winners can participate at the Area contest. Area winners can participate at the Indiana State Fair. State winners can participate at the National Level. Ask your leader or the Extension Office for additional information.