Welcome to the Mini 4-H Program! Mini 4-H is designed for youth to explore a variety of bugs. Almost anywhere you look you can find bugs. In this project, Mini 4-H’ers will explore their surroundings and examine the small creatures that live in the grass, under rocks, in logs, or in your house. Children, kindergarten through second grade will learn the parts of an insect/bug through fun activities. They will investigate the life of a butterfly. Your bug manual will provide fun, age-appropriate learning activities. Additionally, the Mini 4-H program is set up to allow you to exhibit a project at the Adams County 4-H Fair based on the information you have learned.
For Judging and Check-in information, consult the current 4-H Catalog.
Choose one of the following to exhibits. Select a different exhibit each year in project.
- Design and make your own bug using materials around your house.
- Make a poster or book showing the life cycle of a bug.
- Make a poster showing bugs that live in groups on one half and bugs that live alone on the other half.
- Make a poster or an insect and spider. Label the body parts.
- Make a poster of a picture of a butterfly. Be sure to make the designs on the wings symmetrical.