The 4-H Bicycle Program provides youth with educational information about bicycles and biking that develops both project skills (i.e., bicycle maintenance, operation, safety and bicycle touring) and life skills (i.e., decision-making, using science and technology, developing communication skills).
For Judging and Check-in information, consult the current 4-H Catalog.
- Members must complete two activities in the project manual each year along with a record sheet. Completed manual and record sheet must be turned in by the established and posted date.
- Members will be divided into two divisions:
- Junior (Grades 3-7)
- Senior (Grades 8-12)
- A letter with Bicycle Rodeo information will be sent to all Bicycle members before the 4-H Fair. This packet will include obstacle course maps and information necessary for the Bicycle Rodeo event.
- Bicycle helmets are mandatory at all 4-H bicycle events.
- 4-H’ers will take a written exam in conjunction with the Bicycle Rodeo event.
- Premiums and Grand Champions will be selected in each division.