What is in it for me?
This project you will learn all about small grains by doing a number of fun activities. This project is divided into three different levels:
- Beginner: first and second years enrolled (suggested for ages 10-11)
- Intermediate: third, fourth, and fifth years (suggested for ages 12-14)
- Advanced: sixth year and beyond (suggested for ages 15 and above)
What can I learn?
You will learn:
- The different parts of a plant
- The growth stages of plants
- The characteristics of different varieties
- Weed, disease and insect identification
- Proper fertilizer use
- Edible and non-edible uses of the plants
- Good management techniques and their importance