Experience 4-H workshops are topic specific experiences for current 4-H members and youth who are not yet involved in 4-H to learn more about what Indiana 4-H has to offer. Each workshop is a one day event on Purdue University's campus or at another location in Indiana. Youth will work with state 4-H specialists, campus-based faculty, industry experts, and county educators to dive deep into a subject area.
Experience 4-H @ Goose Pond: Explore Conservation
- Youth will explore and observe three areas of Goose Pond, learn about the ecological restoration that took place there, and scout for wildlife. Goose Pond is known to attract tens-of-thousands of winter migratory birds, including the very endangered whooping crane.
- Date: February 2, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am-4:30 pm
- Location: Purdue Extension- Greene County Office
- 4503 W State Road 54, Bloomfield, IN 47424
- *Transportation is provided to Goose Pond
- Audience: Youth in grades 7-12
- Cost: $20/participant. Lunch will be provided.
- Register here before January 25