Indiana 4-H Congress Lesson Plans
Indiana 4-H Youth and Adult Congress is held in the fall each year. Congress includes a keynote speaker, 4-H Accomplishment Scholarship luncheon, and three educational breakout sessions focused on topics of interest to youth and adults in the 4-H Program. Lesson plans and supporting resource materials are posted here for use with your 4-H Clubs.
Lesson Plans and Resources
4-H Elevator Speech - Samm Johnson, Allen County 4-H Extension Educator
Marketing Your 4-H Program - Heather VonDielingen, Jackson County 4-H Extension Educator
Social Entrepreneurship - Lesley Lodmell, Lawrence County 4-H Extension Educator
4-H Citizenship: "Gaining & Building Trust"
4-H Healthy Living: "4-H Healthy Living: "Putting Your Best Foot/Self Forward!"
- Putting Your Best Self Forward - PowerPoint
- Creating Your Professional Pitch Activity (Michigan State Unviersity 4-H Youth Development)
- Filling out Job Application Forms (Michigan State University 4-H Youth Development)
- The Perfect Business Handshake (Michigan State University 4-H Youth Development)
- Sample Interview Questions (Michigan State University 4-H Youth Development)
- Handshake Cards #1, #2, & #3
4-H Science: "Building Leadership with Science"
4-H Healthy Living: "I'm Making a Change!"
4-H Science: "STEM out to New Possibilities with 4-H Science"
4-H Citizenship: "The Citizenship of 4-H"
4-H Healthy Living: "Self-Sufficiency...Ugh!"
4-H Science: "IW2K! I Want To Know: Exploring 4-H Science"
- 10 Ways to Integrate SET into 4-H Projects
- Agriculture in Soy Ink
- Food Science Nesquik Quick
- Soy Plastic
- 4-H SET abilities and definitions
- Checklist for 4-H SET Programs
- 4-H SET Checklist Matrix
- Science With Kids, Science By Kids
- STEM Activities by Subject
4-H Citizenship: "Making Citizenship Personal"
Life Skills Posters
- Score Sheet
- Game Cards
- Play Money Denominations
County Action Plans
2013 Join the Revolution of Responsibility
Having a FAIR Say
Youth Leadership Academies
Be an Advocate
Serving My Local Community
Youth and Adults Working Together
You Posted What? Using Social Media Responsibly
2011 Healthy Living
Recognizing My Stress
4-H Stepping Out
Eating Healthy and Exercise
- Eating Healthy and Exercise Lesson Plan
- Station Labels
- Using MyPlate Along with MyPyramid
- Sample Menus
- Mini MyPlate Poster
- Firm But Flexible Chicken Bone Lab
- MyPlate Coloring Sheet Blank
- MyPlate Coloring Sheet
- 50 Ways to Include Healthy Living
MyPlate Nutrition Education Series
- Tip Sheet 1 - Choose MyPlate
- Tip Sheet 2 - Add More Vegetables
- Tip Sheet 3 - Focus on Fruits
- Tip Sheet 4 - Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Tip Sheet 5 - Got Your Dairy Today
- Tip Sheet 6 - Protein Foods
- Tip Sheet 7 - Build a Healthy Meal
- Tip Sheet 8 - Healthy Eating for Vegetarians
- Tip Sheet 9 - Smart Shopping
- Tip Sheet 10 - Liven Up Your Meals
- Tip Sheet 11 - Kid Friendly Veggies and Fruits
- Tip Sheet 12 - Be a Healthy Role Model
- Tip Sheet 13 - Cut Bank on Sweet Treats
- Tip Sheet 14 - Salt and Sodium
What is Service
Service to Service-Learning
Funding Your Community Service Project
Tools of the Trade: SET Overview
4-H SET: Specialize. Exercise. Transform.
Science is Fun!
- Science is Fun Lesson Plan
- Dice Data Collection
- Science is Fun - Balloons
- Science is Fun - Cookies
- Scientific Method Worksheet
- Traffic Patterns Worksheet
Where Do I Even Start
Exploring the Leadership Activity Manuals
- Exploring the Leadership Activity Manuals
- Family Flyers Experiential Learning Model
- Planning Template
- The Power of Debriefing